sábado, 1 de octubre de 2011

BP_2 iGoogle PLE

Hi there!!!
For this post, I'll share with you my experience working with my iGoogle home page.  When we enter the Internet, especially in our home page (Google, Yahoo, Excite, etc.), with look for our email first and then we go to the address bar and look for the pages that are relevant for us in our daily lives.  For our EMDT program, we've created a iGoogle home page.  In this home page we will add links and tools that will make our work more comfortable without the hassle of switching windows or going to the address bar.  For each Tab I created (Home, FSO/AR and Resources),  I put different themes to express the things that i like the most.


For my home page I have the Twitter gadget, which helps me in viewing and sending messages to my fellow classmates.  There is the Facebook gadget, which keeps me up to date in what my friends and family activities.  A box of links that contains direct links to FSO, APA webpage, my Full Sail email, the EMDT blog.  This gadget (box of links), is one of the most useful, because I can connect to the pages that I want to connect without going through the address bar or pressing shortcuts to reach those pages.  I also added a You tube gadget, an iGoogle Calendar a To Do list to remind me of my assignments; clock, weather gadget (we are finishing hurricane season, Thank God!!!) and a CNN gadget to keep me on track to what is happening in the world out there.  Finally, a Yin Yang/Dragon, that goes accordingly to my love for Martial Arts and Asian philosophy.

My FSO/AR tab has the necessary gadgets that I use for the EMDT Masters program and my Action Research project;


Two box of links that connects me to my iGoogle and Yahoo email, AR wordpress site, Lynda.com tutorials, among others.  The weather and To Do list, in case I'm staying in that tab for too long.  A Tolkien phrase gadget, kind of the "Thought of the day" tool, a movie trailer gadget, to see what movie is worth watch and finally a Gibson Les Paul theme.  One of my favorite guitars and one that I play the most.

The Resources tab is filled with two box of links gadgets, one for my ETC class (Blog, Web 2.0 tools links) and a Lynda.com tutorial links.  A Taijiquan gadget, for my improvement of this martial art, weather gadget and "El Nuevo Dia" gadget, which is one of the local newspapers in Puerto Rico and keeps me up to date of what is happening here.  A Fender Stratocaster theme adorns this tab.


You may ask why two guitar themes?  Simple!!!, I love guitars.  I consider myself a guitarist above everything I do.  Music is a big part of my life and what help me shape into the person that I am today.  Some of the links and gadgets that I added will change during the course of the program.  I like to have variety in my work area.

Hope you like it.  Keep in touch
See ya in my next post.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario