sábado, 15 de octubre de 2011

PE4_Soundation

For my RILS project I chose Soundation as the Web 2.0 Tool that my students will use to create their musical pieces, using the free online sound library that comes in the application.  As I mentioned in my BP_3 Sondation post, this application is a "Garage Band" type of application that can be used to create, record and mix music or background sounds for video productions.

For this post I decided to not to use the drum tracks that are already in the application.  Soundation lets the user create their own drum tracks by adding an instrument channel to the interface.  This channel will be identified a blue color.


Once the track is created, a small window will appear on screen.  In this window, the user can modified the volume, pitch and time duration  of the drum sounds, like snare, bass drum, hi hat, etc.

                   


To create the drum tracks the user will double click in the timeline area and a small window with a piano keyboard on the left side will appear.  By clicking on the keys, the user will listen to the drum sounds and write the "notes" on the small window with a pencil icon that can be clicked on the top part of the window.

For this blog, I programmed a straight 4/4 beat that sounds like this:




After I finished with my drum track to add more, but instead of writing the notes, I've just copy and paste the track that I already made.  To add a little depth to the drum track, I added a reverb effect.  Reverb can be found on the top part of the instrument/audio channel on the left part of the screen.















Here's the final product.  For my next post, I'll show you a couple of techniques for a good mixdown with Soundation.  Enjoy!!!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario